Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Eragon by Christopher Paolini


Title: Eragon
Inheritance #1
Author: Christopher Paolini
Publisher: Paolini International LLC
Release Date: 2002
Pages: 730
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:
When young Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his adopted family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of inescapable destiny, magical forces, and powerful people. With only an ancient sword and the instruction of an old,mysterious, hermit storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a Emperor whose evil and power knows no bounds. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands…

My review:
As you can see in the blurb above, Eragon is the story about a farm boy who stumbles upon on of the greatest legend of the Empire: Dragons. A lot of things happens during the book, and I would really like to tell you all about it, but I won't be a spoiler! I just want to say that you HAVE to read it! I know it may be more attractive to read the new releases, and I really have that feeling too, but the minute I grasped that book and read the first page, I was caught. I was caught in the amazing universe of Algaƫsia, where an evil king and an underground rebelgroup fight each other. All this falls upon Eragon when he finds a dragonegg.

Paolini is a wonderful author. He is capable of making the reader know the characters inside out, and additionally not only read their feelings, but FEEL the feelings yourself! There were times in the book where I felt like weeping, raging, laughing, blushing and so on. I can't wait to read the rest of the series! :D

I couldn't let go of the book, until I finished. Even then, I wanted to continue and continue and continue. There were so many great things about this book, so many of them which I can't express in words. To fully understand why I think this book was so great: READ IT! This was actually also Paolini's debut novel, and I think that's freaking amazing! :D

Find Paolini here:
Goodreads
Website
Inheritance Series Facebook Page

4 comments:

Bengal Reads said...

Sofie, OMG... I don't know what else to say! Your writing style is awesome, you MADE me want to read this and pulled me in without telling me too much. I SO can't wait to read your next review!!! I HAVE to read Eragon! Amazing Review :)

Sofie Kemp Lange said...

Kayla: Thank you so much! I was really pondering a long time over this review, especially because it was my first, and that there are so many things about the book that are so hard to express :) I really appreciate your praise! Thank you! <3

Bellas Shelf said...

This review truly rocked! I think I will pay you in books to "ghost write" mine! lolz.

I honestly never thought Eragon was a book I would enjoy. Your review is convincing me to give it a shot.

I shy away from fantasy reads but I think a few duds should not put me off of them forever.

TY for the great review Sofie <3

Sofie Kemp Lange said...

Books And Beyond: You are so welcome! I'm really glad you liked the review, and thanks for your support <3

Post a Comment